Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sesame Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry with Rice Noodles

As a family we are trying to eat healthier. But I'm a big believer that healthy doesn't mean tasteless. So I decided to try my hand at my own version of chicken vegetable stir fry.

I decided to use rice noodles because they are lighter than pasta... and I didn't feel like making rice.
I stir fried the chicken first. We got a good deal on a bag of frozen chicken breasts this past weekend, so I used one breast since they were so large. I cut the breast into bite size pieces and put them in a large frying pan on medium heat.

To the chicken I added:
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon coriander
  • 2 teaspoons sesame seeds

After cooking the chicken, I removed the chicken from the pan and threw in my cut up veggies. I used onion, zucchini, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper and mushrooms. I added the mushrooms when the veggies were almost done.

To the veggies I added:
  • 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • a splash of white cooking sherry or wine.

While cooking the veggies, I start to boil the water for the rice noodles. Rice noodles just need to cook a couple minutes or they will get mushy.

After cooking the veggies, I add the chicken back in to the stir fry.
And you end up with a beautiful platter of food. Enough for our family and plenty left over for my husband's lunch the next day.

Tomorrow... a cute little cupcake scrapbook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment