Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lack of Lasagna and Two More Wedding Pages

Well, I was going to write about my attempt at making lasagna rolls, however, last evening when I was gathering my ingredients I discovered that someone (ahem, my husband) had eaten the cottage cheese!
Disaster! What's a girl to do when she has all the makings of lasagna but no cheese!?! AND she's already started the sauce?!?
Well, what any normal girl would do. We had Pasta alla Reg! A.K.A. my tomato and meat sauce with rigatoni pasta.
It turned out good and I was able to try a little trick I heard about and had never tried. I added a bit of half and half to my sauce. Brian and Hannah couldn't tell the difference, but I could :D

So in place of my lasagna rolls - which I will attempt to make again in a couple weeks - here are two more pages from our wedding scrapbook.

This page is the first page of our book...
I used two of my favorite photos of Brian and I. I put them on a pretty lilac colored background paper with raised ivory swirls.
The top right journaling block is titled "Just One Day in our Story" and documents the important dates in our relationship -- from the day we met, to the day he proposed, to the day we joined our lives together.
I love bling and had some beautiful lilac-colored beads with rhinestones on them which I used to "bullet" the dates and add a bit of sparkle to the page.
On the bottom left is a broach I have had for years. I used to wear it on a necklace but it's not really my style anymore but it was just too beautiful to give away or sell. I knew I kept it for a reason! The colors go great with the page and it adds just a little something extra to the page.

This next page is the second page of our album.

The Bible is very important to us and we use it daily. It is the basis of our relationship and family and is what we base all our decisions on -- large and small. And it played an important role in our wedding ceremony. Most of our guests also share our faith and so many of them brought their Bibles to the ceremony.
Our wonderful photographer knew how important the Bible is to us and he captured an open Bible in one of our guests hands. I took the opportunity to scrap one of the many scriptures read during the ceremony, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, and titled the page "Love is..."
It was a simple page to do. I printed the title letters in a pretty cursive font and cut them out with an exacto knife. Then I printed the scripture on pink vellum and attached it with four brads.
Simple.

Well, I'm off to make sure Hannah's new backpack is still organized for school next week. My husband's wonderful parents took her (and two of their grandsons) shopping yesterday for school supplies. Hannah had all of her supplies except a new backpack.
And what backpack did she get?
What else but a Hello Kitty? With animal print!

No comments:

Post a Comment