Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Non-waterfall Upside Down Waterfall Braid

Here's the trick to an hour by yourself on a Saturday afternoon after a busy, busy week... Send your husband to watch a video with his Bible student and your daughter. :)
So while the hubby, daughter and student are sitting in the living room watching a video, I decided to stay in our bedroom, catch up on my blog and watch a couple episodes of "Trisha's Southern Kitchen" and "Pioneer Woman" I DVRed (is that a word? LOL) off the Food Network. In me defense, I am nursing a very sore throat and earache. Ugh.
But then I realized... I haven't done any crafts for a couple weeks and haven't downloaded my latest recipes.
What to blog about?
How about a really cute hairstyle I created on my daughter's hair? I call it a non-waterfall upside down waterfall braid. ;) yep, that's a mouthful.







Hannah LOVES this style and it works well when her hair is her natural wave or when I straighten it. It was created because I was tired of the same braid "wreath" I had been creating for weeks and it's still way to cold outside to wear her hair up at school. But Hannah is a child who loves to play hard -- very hard -- and really does need her hair out of her way when she's at school.
It is so easy to create.



Simply pick up three strands of hair from the side of her head as if you're going to start a French braid.




















Then instead of picking up hair from the bottom of the braid, DON'T. That simple.
Make sure you keep picking hair up from the top of head and French braid in a diagonal line.













By the time you get to close to the end of the braid (where you go into a simple braid) you will be pulling long hair from the other side of your daughter's head. It will look kind of like a loose half-ladder braid.



I make sure and braid as tight as possible because Hannah is an extremely active little girl. But this style holds up very well to vigorous play. I'm not saying some of the hair won't come out, but not as much as in normal braids.






No comments:

Post a Comment