Thursday, April 4, 2013

Two-page family layout

 It's very hard to schedule a time for family photos so many times we have to get a few in when friends are over.
In the fall, our friend Jenny and her family were visiting and we managed to get a few family photos in at the end. And I've FINALLY got around to scrapping them!

Most of the materials used are from my "stash" which I am trying very hard to use up. It doesn't prevent me from buying new stuff, though, much to my husband's dismay.
The main paper for both pages is from Karen Foster Design. I really love the muted watercolor effect. And it's a perfect blend of greens and purplish burgundy, blending together Brian's favorite color and mine.

The first thing I did was create a large curly forest green background with a border template I have. I then used dark purple chalk to "antique" it because it was just way too bright.
I then matted our photo on burgundy cardstock, leaving more room on the left side.








To create an embellishment to go on that left side, I used a bright yellow paper flower on the upper left of the photo (with a gem in the middle), and placed seven more purple gems in a semi-circle below it, creating a bit of a border. I then matched the bling (you can NEVER have too much bling) with three purple gems on the upper right of the photo.








I had two large purplish tags in my stash and used those to anchor my larger embellishment. I had a large purple butterfly -- I think it was leftover from a flower bouquet -- and adhered it to both tags.
The lower tag is further embellished with paper flowers -- the larger flower was created by using three different flowers, popped up with pop dots and a gem in the center. The other two flowers also had a gem in the center.
On the upper tag I cut out the bottom portion of a Close To My Heart stamp and popped it up from the tag to continue to create dimension. I took the upper portion of the same CTMH stamp and placed it directly below our photo. I used CTMH product Liquid Glass to highlight portions of the stamped words.
In the upper right of the page, I used leftover glassy alphabet stickers for our last name. I only had one 'O' so I used a small purple gem in the first one's place. I placed a larger purple gem at the end of our last name for symmetry.



The second page also used the Karen Foster paper as the anchoring paper. I used an 8 1/2 piece of burgundy cardstock to offset both photos.
I kept with the flower, gem and butterfly theme by creating several different embellishments with more yellow, pink and white paper flowers with gems at their center.


At the top right, directly above the top photo, I used a blingy border I found in my stash.





For the embellishment bundle on the right I grouped three sets of yellow paper flowers and added a butterfly covered in Liquid Glass. A friend of mine made the butterfly for me several years ago and I thought it fit perfectly with our photos.
I just LOVE the top photo. Hannah is such a goofball and both of these photos, but especially the top one, captures her little personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment