Thursday, April 18, 2013

Buttermilk biscuits

I would say I've hit a temporary creative block, but it's more like a TIME block. Sometimes I just can't find the time to scrap or do creative things.
But I do however, have time to cook. Well, it's more like if we want to eat I must cook :0)

I've always been kind of leery about making homemade biscuits because well, honestly, my mother taught me to make biscuits when I was a kid and let's say they never turned out good. They would have made good hockey pucks, though.
Well, a few months ago we were visiting one of my best friends and her husband. She made some very good buttermilk biscuits and my husband REALLY enjoyed them, so much so that he asked me (many times) to make them.
So I did.
Lo and behold, they were very good. But I had to send my friend photographic evidence so she would believe that I actually made them.
But the recipe is very easy and not that complicated to make.
AND you can freeze them before you bake them so that you don't have to make them every time you need biscuits!

 



BUTTERMILK BISCUITS

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup buttermilk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the flour, soda, powder and salt.

"Cut" the butter into the dry mixture with a pastry cutter.



Add milk and mix just until the ingredients come together.


Toss a few handfuls of flour onto your counter.

Take biscuit dough and put on floured counter. Pat dough to about 1/2". Fold dough in half five times.


Press dough to 1" and cut out round biscuits.

Bake 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment