Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An emotional day layout

 I'm getting back into my scrapbooking! I find it's such a wonderful way to express myself and relieve stress :D And now that I have my craft shelf all organized and neat it's sooooo much more fun! I can actually find things now.
The other day I had some friends over and we scrapped for a while. It was also a Close To My Heart party so the majority of the materials used were CTMH.
Of course we are talking about me and my friends so we couldn't just stick strictly to CTMH products ;)

My double page layout centered around my niece Amber and trying on wedding dresses for her 2011 wedding.
I used paper from the Chantilly paper collection. But I'm not really one for plain backgrounds so I used some pretty pink ink spray my friend Keri had and spritzed the background paper. I also snagged Keri's pink chevron washi tape to create more interest on the sides of the page.
Note the journaling block on the lower right.
For the embellishment on the top left of the photo, Keri had some beautiful paper flowers which I scavenged. I placed one on top of a pink stamped circle punched out. I then added CTMH's new pink glitter gem in the center of the flower. (And yes, I totally ordered those pink glitter gems. Hey, it's pink and EXTRA glittery! How could I pass it up. The trick will be keeping my daughter out of them. LOL)
Oh and you can see the pink ink spray much better here.

Once again I used the stamped and punch circles for a side border. I cut them in half and placed them on the side of the photo border. I placed a pink glitter gem in between each one of them (yes, I'm obsessed).

For the second page, I used pink and floral paper from the CTMH Chantilly collection to create a lined background.

I then used more circles cut in half to border the top and bottom and then another line of washi tape to create a cute addition to the border.

For a floral embellishment, I used two pink and yellow tinged flowers offset and centered with a CTMH pink glitter gem.

On the bottom left on the page I found a pretty "Cherish" embellishment in my stash. (I don't know the brand. I've had it for a couple years.)

All to document an emotional day for Amber's grandmother, (now) mother-in-law and me. The minuted she put on this dress, we all cried. It was a wonderful preview for her wedding day in March 2011.




No comments:

Post a Comment