Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My family single-page layout

I'm working hard on scanning in photos from my husband's family and I'm finding some wonderful gems and photos he didn't even know existed. I think he's enjoying it almost as much as I am. Now, I just have to get my mother-in-law to identify a lot of the older photos.
And now here's another family layout using mostly items from my stash.
I have absolutely no idea what brand the background paper is, mainly because I think I picked it up when my friend Keri was purging some of her papers. But I just love the cheery colors. 
I found a large scrap of Chantilly paper from Close To My Heart and another large scrap of unidentified paper and used these as another layer to the page. Just goes to show that not all layouts need "matching" papers. If they have similar colors I think it gives a page an imperfect look and I like that.


I framed two of my favorite family photos with sparkly red paper, angling the smaller photo to give some more umph. And also to bring attention to the look on Hannah's little face. :) She's so precious and has the funniest expressions. I also placed a word sticker "cherish" below. It's moments like this that make up my most precious memories.


Below both photos is an embellishment bundle of deconstructed fabric flowers. It was actually two fabric flowers turned into five -- with a small clear gem in the middle of each them. I highlighted each of them also with CTMH's Liquid Glass (which I've used in several areas on this page, but I'll get to that later) to appear as if there is dew on the flowers.


On the lower left of the CTMH Chantilly paper I used a small, blingy border from Michael's to give a little more depth to what I felt was an empty part of the page.


On the bottom left of the page I used a small scrap of my sparkly red paper and placed three word stickers, "love," "life" and "treasure." I framed "love" with a photo slide frame and added two butterfly stickers (also of unidentified origin) to give it flight.


On the lower right of the lined paper I added a "harmony" sticker.


Now for my favorite product (right now), CTMH's Liquid Glass! I cannot stop using it. It brings a bit of shine that I love so much. If I could add glitter to it I would be ecstatic!
I used it for the center of the "atoms" on the main background paper, on portions of my Chantilly paper and on a few of the "atoms" themselves (as seen in above photo). I just adore Liquid Glass.

Tomorrow, Keri is coming over and I'll be scrapping some more! Using some of our newly acquired stamps and products will be lots of fun! I may even scrap some of Hannah's last school trip to the Nature Center in Springfield (MO). I really should do that before she goes to Roaring River in a couple weeks. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment