Friday, April 5, 2013

Simple and rustic page

Most of my pages are girly and glittery, so it's a welcome change to work on a "manly" page.
I chose to do one about my dad and his good friend Ralph. Ralph and his wife live in another state but spend several weeks a year in the town my parents live in. Ralph, like my dad, plays guitar and when they are in town, my parents spend a lot of time with the couple.
These photos were taken a few years ago at my old house.
All the products used on this page are from the Close to My Heart Dakota paper collection and coordinating products. I chose to do a simple page because they are simple men. And, yes, that's a high compliment.

I used a portion of piece of paper on the left side and then used a portion to place a border between the two.
I inked the edges of the large paper to give it a bit of variety. And yes, that is pink ink. Did you really think I would let a page get past me without using some pink or purple?
I used precut stars and stamped them with a CTMH stamp to create two different embellishments. The top right is an extremely simple embellishment of two stars.
The bottom left bundle was created with one star and a precut ticket stamped with a CTMH saying stamp. The two were coordinated with three metallic brads.
I also used the metallic brads on the edge of my dad's photo. I distressed the edge of the photos to create a more rustic photo.



1 comment: