Friday, August 17, 2012

Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

It has definitely been a hectic week.
Hannah started first grade Wednesday and she's enjoying every minute of it.
I've been playing catch-up on getting reorganized. It's amazing how far behind a person gets when they have a very active 6-year-old at home :D

Today's recipe is a simple one from my sister-in-law, Cynthia. When she and my brother-in-law David were visiting a few weeks ago, she made the most delicious stuffed jalapenos. They tasted so good, I was surprised they were so simple.
So here it is... The recipe.... Get ready....

  • Jalapenos
  • Cream cheese
  • Bacon

Yes, that is it!
Now here are the steps...

First, cut the jalapenos in half and take out the seeds. A word of advice... WEAR GLOVES. (I found that out the hard way. My hands burned for two days!)
Next, put cream cheese in the jalapenos. At this point, I put some jalapenos back together and left some halved. I preferred the ones that remained halved.
Now, slice bacon slices in half and wrap around jalapenos. Secure with a toothpick.
Then bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until bacon is cooked. Broil for another 5 to 10 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
This is what you get...


Finally.... ENJOY!
We enjoyed these so much, I'm making them again tonight. This time I'm trying banana peppers and some milder peppers Brian bought at the farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment