Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Multi photo wedding page

When Brian and I were married last year, it was the first (and last) marriage for both of us and we wanted to do it right. Something classy and elegant, but also comfortable and fun. We toyed with the idea of a very small wedding with just family and very close friends, but in the end we decided we wanted to share our joy with as many people of our friends as we could.
Brian's a good sport and let me choose the color palette and most of the decorations. I'm just glad he actually likes purple and silver.
I like this page because it captures the feeling of the entire wedding and reception. Plus we had an awesome photographer who took hundreds of great photos. There is no way I will ever be able to use all the photos in a book and this was a way to get many of them on one page.

I use Shutterfly to develop most of my photos and when they send pictures back, they include a proof sheet in the package. I saw all those tiny little pictures and thought "What great idea to make a page with all of these!"
Halfway through the page my thought was "What was I thinking?!?"
But I have to say, I really love the way it turned out. It was worth the hours of work.
The large photo is an artsy shot of the entrance to our reception. I love how our photographer managed to capture the beautiful chandelier in the hotel.
Surrounding the photo are the tiny little proof photos. In between all of the photos are strips of purple ribbon and pretty little white daisies with rhinestone middles are scattered throughout the page.
On the right side of the page I used two small strips of silver ribbon.
I also wanted to bring attention to one of my favorite photos of Brian and Hannah dancing, so I used a pop-up dot to pop it up from the page.

And finally, I used a couple of heart and swirl stamps in the white space I left. I highlighted portions of the stamp with my liquid glass from Close to My Heart.
In this photo, you can also see the little daisies I used on the page.

And that's it!
It was time consuming, but totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment