Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mini Quiches and Wrapping Papa Around Her Little Finger

Well, we're back from my parental units. I really wish they lived closer and we could see them more often. Two and a half hours is too far, in our family's opinion.
Hannah loves spending time with them, especially when Daddy lets her ride on the riding lawn mower with him. But with the drought we've been having here in Missouri, he hasn't had to mow in well over a month. But Hannah still manages to wrap him around her little finger and get him to play games with her. My parents are truly enjoying having a granddaughter.
Her current favorite game is marbles. And she's getting pretty good at it. She's even beat me a couple times.
I took my camera but forgot to take any pictures. That's really strange for me, but we didn't do much but spend time together and relax. Brian and I are both bad about not relaxing but going away actually forces us to relax because we don't have a long list of things to do around the house.
So no real adventures. Oh! Except Hannah was pleased to discover that the Gainesville, MO, library DOES have a children's section. Mom and I heard her asking the librarian all sorts of questions about weather books. Yep, she loves learning about weather.

So, since there were no adventures in Gainesville, today's post is about the mini quiches I make my husband for his weekday breakfasts.
They freeze well, although Brian says that when I freeze them they get kind of watery when he heats them up in the morning. So I suggest using them fairly quickly, say within the week, for best results.
This recipe is extremely simple and makes 12 mini quiches.


Regina's Mini Quiches

Ingredients:
  • 9 large eggs
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup half and half (you can use milk, but half and half makes them fluffier)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Assorted chopped veggies (I usually use assorted peppers, onions, olives. This week, I cut up a jalapeno, too)
  • Shredded cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
Whip together the eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Pour equal amounts into muffin tin.
Add in veggies. Sprinkle cheese over top of quiches.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until quiches are puffy and golden brown. Allow to cool before removing them from the muffin pan. You may have to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen them up a bit.


And that's it!
Simple, right?

Tomorrow, one of my scrapbook pages from our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment