Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stashbooking!

I think I may have the world's largest scrapbook stash.
OK, maybe not the largest, but it definitely isn't small. The amount of scrapbook paper and embellishments I have accumulated over the past 12 years is astounding. And I have made it my goal to put a serious dent in my stash in the next few months.
For about four or five years I didn't scrap much because, well, because I had a demanding job that just sapped all my creative juices. Now don't get me wrong I loved my job, but by the time I got home at night one of the last things I wanted to do was break out the scrapping supplies and use my brain more. ;o) Didn't stop me from buying scrapping stuff, though. Hence, the stockpile.
But now that I am a stay-at-home mom and my daughter is in public school, I sometimes have a little time on my hands. And I have really gotten back into scrapping.
Good thing, too. My photos were really starting to stack up as well.
This page is an example of using my stash to the full. The only new items on the page are the gems on the tags.


These photos were taken of me and my wonderful husband this past July at our District Convention in Fort Smith, AR. We especially love that our daughter is peeking over my shoulders... which of course we didn't notice until I was looking at the photos later.
Since the paper and embellishments are from my stash, I have no idea what brand they are or even where I got them to begin with.
I know I bought the paper years ago, well before I met Brian, but I love that it's all hearts and X's and O's and "lover girl" and "lover boy" and all sorts of lovey dovey sentiments.
I used my corner rounder on the photos and on the mat behind the top photo and I used dark pink chalk to liven up the plain white mat.
I also matted the two tags on white paper, then position three gems (from Close to My Heart) on the lower right sides of the tags.
I found six tiny ribbon roses in light pink, white and red. I glued them in groups of three just to add a little something to the page.
On the top photo, I used five red gems in the shape of a flower and on the bottom photo I used two square/diamond gems to draw attention to the cute little face behind us.
Plan on seeing more creations from my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment