Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mmmm. Banana Bread.

Have I mentioned that breads of any kind are a particular weakness of mine? No?
The only bread I won't eat much of is the store-bought sandwich bread. Too many preservatives and it either tastes like dough or sawdust.
But give me fresh  bread, sweet or otherwise, and I'm a goner.
One of my favorites is banana bread. The only problem with banana bread is that you have to wait until the bananas are overly ripe before it really tastes good. And sometimes I have the overripe bananas and don't feel like making the bread.
Problem.
But I finally found the solution. . . Freezing the overripe bananas.
Voila! Banana bread anytime!


Banana Bread

Ingredients:
  • 3 or 4 very ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 ½ cups all purpose flour



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
Add baking soda and salt. Mix.
Add flour. Mix.
Pour mixture into one loaf pan or four mini loaf pans.
Bake for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment