Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mini Bacony Meatballs

Every week I ask my family if they have any requests for dinner the next week. Inevitably my daughter asks for spaghetti and meatballs.
I was growing tired of my plain little meatballs, so I decided to experiment!
And boy howdy! (to borrow an expression from my hubby)
Instant Hit!
Of course, anything with bacon goes over very well in our house... even turkey bacon. :)


Mini Bacony Meatballs

  • 3-4 strips bacon, cooked and diced (I used turkey bacon)
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook bacon over medium-high heat until starting to crisp and remove from skillet. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.

Saute onion in the drippings over medium heat until softened.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.


Combine meat, bacon, onion mixture, bread crumbs, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in beaten egg.
Form into 1-inch meatballs. Place on broiler pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment